It is quite important to know the pros and cons and whether the infrared heating pad you are using emits low EMF into the environment. This is because high levels of this radiation may not be that good for you, and it might have side effects on your body.
It is better if the infrared heating pad you are using is not emitting any EMF at all to keep you safe and healthy. We do not want harmful tools and devices we should make ourselves feel better.
If you are a user of this type of device, you should know the good and the bad, so keep on reading and find out.
What Do We Know About EMF?
For those of us who do not know what EMF is, it is the electric field that is generated by electricity. This happens when an electric current passes through a conductor, such as copper wire, and that is what EMF is, very simply.
We need to know why people are concerned about it because it causes problems in the body’s cells. These problems or effects caused by EMF are called free radicals or oxidants. They may cause serious health problems for us.
EMF IS Part of our Daily Life
Electromagnetic radiation is something we cannot really get rid of entirely because of the electricity we use in our homes. Another source of EMF is the earth itself, which transmits quite an amount of radiation into the environment.
Now that we know what EMF is let’s get to know the pros and cons of low EMF infrared heating pads.
Pros of Low EMF Infrared Heating Pad
There are quite a number of benefits you can get by using a low EMF infrared heating pad for relief.
Increase the Blood Flow
- Infrared heating pads will help increase the blood flow to the infected area of the body. This will give you quick relief from pain. The infrared heating helps to remove the pain. Moreover, it also does not come back that quickly for a prolonged effect.
Soothe Tissue and Muscles
- Applying direct heat with the infrared heat pad to the affected areas will soothe tissues and muscles. This means you have much better control of the pain. Also, you also have more efficient pain management.
- The application of heat to that area will lead to larger amounts of sweat that will be released by your body. The increased sweating will lead to more effective detoxification of the body, leading to healthier cells in the body.
- Application of heat with an infrared heat pad also means relief of pain without using drugs. So, no other drug-related side-effects that may be even more harmful to your body than the cause of the pain.
Focus on the Pain Area
- With a heating pad, you can efficiently deliver the heat to the area where the pain is and not just a general pain relief method. This means you can concentrate and focus on that area where the pain occurs for better control and relief.
Faster Pain Relief
- This pain management method will also help relieve the pain much faster. Therefore, no waiting period before the pain is gone. It will also help heal the spots and the surrounding tissue for a preventative measure of pain relief.
Available in Different Sizes
- A nice thing about heating pads is that they are available in many different sizes and shapes for more on-the-spot treatment. So you can use a small heating pad for a small area and vice versa for better pain management and control.
More Focused Treatment
- These heating pads are also designed to be wrapped around the affected area, such as the neck and limbs. This makes the treatment more focused and centralized for quicker relief and healing options, which is better than any drug-related treatment.
Ease to Use and Carry
- This pain relief method can be done up to 3 times a day without unnecessary side effects, as mentioned earlier. You can carry them wherever you go, so you do not need to disrupt your treatment while traveling.
- Infrared heating pads have a lightweight design to make them much easier to use and travel with. They also come with temperature control. This makes it easier to increase or decrease the heat, depending on your needs and treatment.
Like This Article? Pin it on Pinterest
Cons of Low EMF Infrared Heating Pad
There are also some negative things about low EMF infrared heating pads, and the following is a list of them.
Not Very Flexible
- Some of these heating pads you get are not very flexible. As a result, you cannot easily wrap them around the affected limb. This means that you will need more than just one if you need to treat the whole limb simultaneously.
Takes Time to See Results
- Many infrared heating pads are designed to lay on or sit on, which may cause you to take some time out. This simply means that you cannot use them on the go for pain relief, which takes time.
Can be Heavy
- Even though many of them are made with a lightweight design, there are still a lot of them that are quite heavy. This will make them quite cumbersome and difficult to tag along. That will take away some of the mobility of the heating pad.
Take Time to Heat up
- Most infrared heating pads may take some time to heat up, and some may take 10 to 15 minutes to reach the desired heat. If you are looking for something to use on the go, these types of heating pads may not be right for you.
- Infrared heating pads are also quite more expensive than regular heating pads, which may put them out of reach. So those people with a tight budget will not be able to enjoy the benefits that are part of infrared heating pads.
In conclusion, it seems that the pros are far more than the cons of these low EMF infrared heating pads. Even if they are more expensive than regular heating pads, it is still a good investment of the money you spend on them.
The best investment you can have from these heating pads is the overall better health and life standard you will have with them.